Terms and Conditions
We never charge upfront fees or share your data.
1. This agreement is a legally binding contract between you and us. Before you sign it and return it to us, please read it carefully.
2. The agreement is between Civil Claim Services Limited and you the client
3. This agreement relates to all the work we are to carry out in connection with pursuing a claim against a Financial Institution in relation to the alleged mis-selling of a financial product, banking charges or any funds recovered due to any type of financial dispute resolution.
4. For any fees recovered for you we will charge you 24% of any successful refund. For example for every £100 you receive we will invoice you for £24 or 24% of any successful claim (24% is our standard rate though your % charged may vary dependant upon case type)
5. Vat will be chargeable at a rate set by HMRC this will always be included in the % fee and not be added to it.
6. So long as we are informed before beginning the claims process that your previous finance was not settled in full we may not charge you for any monies gained used to pay off outstanding arrears. Should you fail to inform us that your previous finance was not settled due to the unique way in which compensation can be awarded, consisting in certain circumstances not only of a cash lump sum but also a reduction in your overdraft may be awarded to you. For example if your total claim is £3000 and have arrears/overdraft or a remaining balance of £1000 the total paid to you may be £2000 however your arrears/overdraft will be cleared. If these circumstances arise we would invoice you for the total claim including any reduction in arrears or remaining balance. Should your bank use the settlement to clear arrears a 10% fee may be applicable should the payment be settled within a seven day time period otherwise a payment plan may be set up with our external collections team to set up a payment plan subject to section 12.
7. We set out below the other things that you will have to pay for, and an estimate of cost.
8. Should a claim have already been made for, you have been made bankrupt, entered into an IVA without informing us before starting the claim process a £120 fee will be applicable per case to cover our cost this fee will be subject to VAT at rate set by HMRC.
9. Should we need to recover proof of PPI for you in order to begin your claim a £12 fee will be added to any successful claim invoice this fee will be subject to VAT at rate set by HMRC. Should your claim be unsuccessful we will not invoice you for this amount.
10. If we lose and/or do not recover an award from the Financial Institution, FCA, FSCS or Ombudsman on your behalf we will not charge you for our work (subject to clauses 9, 14, 15 and 18b).